Seeking an experienced IT Systems Administrator . This position is responsible for the implementation, maintenance and operation of HEMIC’s information systems and Windows computing platforms in a fully operational state, ensuring 100% up-time during normal business hours for our main office locations and remote work configurations, with daily ongoing maintenance of all computer systems hardware and software.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong problem-solving skills with proven ability to make objective decisions and demonstrate good judgment under pressure.
- In-depth analytical and conceptual skills to handle multiple projects and programs.
- Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities, self-direction, the ability to meet deadlines with little supervision, and flexibility in adapting to changing work processes and demands.
- The ability to conduct and contribute information for Management’s cost/benefit analysis.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external support and end-user personnel, and provide continuous, consistent, and exceptional customer service.
- Install, maintain and support HEMIC’s computer systems — servers, storage, security, communications, etc — to ensure overall availability and sustainability of the company’s computing needs.
- Ensure daily operations such as data backup, overnight processing, and daily reporting are performed reliably and correctly, and quickly resolve any discrepancies.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems.
- Report on problems, developing issues, and activities related to systems use and maintenance.
- Operational, system, and domain level administration of servers, accounts, rights, and permissions.
- Scheduled reviews of server logs for problems and the resolution of those problems.
- Monitor system performance and implement performance tuning.
- Maintain upgrades and patches on all hardware computing devices and operating systems.
- Maintain QA, testing, and development environments for core applications.
- Provide training and guidance to IT and other staff. Prepare instructional material on hardware and software operations.
- Document and update all processes in area of responsibility.
- Participate in the testing of disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Perform first- and second-tier Helpdesk support with follow-up to ensure that all issues are addressed and users are satisfied with the resolution.
- On-call services outside of normal business hours.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information System, or proven knowledge and experience of information and business technology normally acquired through college-level courses.
- MCSE or MCSA required.
- Minimum 5 years experience providing technical support in a corporate user environment.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory systems.
- administrator in a 50-300 user environment.
- Multiple (3 -5) years systems- and business requirements-gathering experience.
- Working experience with VMware, Microsoft, or KVM Server Virtualization.
- Familiar with basic project management procedures and methods.