Are you ready to make a difference for Hawai`i’s businesses and their workers? Do you want to replace “business as usual” with creating better, innovative solutions for tomorrow? Join us at HEMIC, Hawai`i’s leading workers’ compensation insurance company.
Voted one of Hawaii’s Best Workplaces in 2016 and 2017, we believe our kuleana is to bring Hawaii workers back to work and back to life. It’s a big calling and our team is passionate about delivering on this mission.
We’re looking for the inspired — those who understand the importance of our purpose and won’t settle for less than excellence. We seek caring, energized professionals committed to improving the status quo with integrity. We hire industry leaders who embrace best practices, believe in a brighter future, and seek to raise the bar for all of us.
- Insurance doesn’t have to be boring! We work hard, but have fun doing it. We kick off the year with an All Employee Rally and follow up through the year with fun holiday activities, monthly birthday celebrations and participation in local sports leagues. Participation in Casual Fridays helps us raise money for local charities and we coordinate an annual golf tournament.
- We’re passionate about your development. Whether it’s achieving a formal certification or attending a workshop to improve your communication skills, we’re committed to your growth. We partner with local vendors and attend mainland conferences to ensure your skills stay up-to-date, and we’re continually on the leading edge of best practices in our industry.
- We offer competitive salary and progressive benefits, including a best-in-class 401k match, generous time off, and a great wellness program.
- We are committed to proudly taking care of Hawai`i. We have endowed a scholarship at UH Manoa’s Shidler College of Business, and our employees demonstrate this commitment by giving back through employer charitable contribution matches and participation in dozens of community organizations.
Did You Know?
In 2018 HEMIC was instrumental in establishing Hawai`i’s chapter of Kids’ Chance, a local 501c3 organization that provides scholarships to children whose parent has been injured or killed in the line of work. By bringing together a unique coalition of groups with the workers’ compensation system, Kid’s Chance provides educational opportunities that make a difference in the lives of effected children.
Check out the highlights of our current openings below. Don’t see what you’re looking for? Please email your resume, references and a cover letter explaining why you’re excited to join our team to careers @ hemic.com and we’ll be in touch soon.
Current Job Openings
HEMIC is currently recruiting for a full-time Med Only Claims Specialist. Main duties include developing and implementing claim strategies to facilitate resolution, providing excellent customer service to policyholders, injured workers and medical providers as necessary to ensure courteous and prompt processing. Additional responsibilities include establishing and maintaining proper reserves, updating medical and legal correspondence and consulting physicians about treatment plans. Additionally, the Med Only Claims Specialist may recommend cases that may need to be reassigned or converted to indemnity.
Qualified applicants must have strong MS Office (or comparable) skills and possess strong communication skills when dealing with both internal and external customers. Applicants must be able to prioritize and pay close attention to detail in a time-sensitive and highly regulated environment.
Successful candidates will possess strong customer service and communication skills, and desire to grow their knowledge and experience. Must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment and will be expected to adhere to the company’s service standards and best practices. Must be punctual, dependable, organized, and detail-oriented.
- State of Hawaii Adjuster’s License
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with minor WC medical claims and reporting
- 1 year experience in medical terminology and WC billings and auditing
- Working knowledge of the State of Hawaii Work Comp laws
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
This opportunity is with HEMIC’s Managing General Agency, HEMIC Insurance Managers Inc (HIMI). This position will build and maintain a multi-line book of insurance policies in conformance with our partner carriers’ guidelines. Responsibilities include account management, productive agency relationships and supporting HEMIC agents in rounding out their accounts.
Successful candidates will possess:
- A passion for superior customer service with a team-player mindset
- Working knowledge of insurance basics including terminology, coverage, classification, policy forms, ratings and manuals
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities, communication, organizational and computer skills
Experience and qualifications:
- Prior underwriting experience preferred
- Experienced underwriting assistants or customer service representatives may be considered for this position
- A college degree is helpful
This position draws on technical expertise and best practices for claim handling to work effectively with Claimants, Employers, Physicians and others.
Successful Candidates will possess:
- Strong customer service and communications skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- The ability to work independently and as a team member
- Bachelor’s Degree or a broad understanding of the State of Hawaii Workers’ Compensation Statute and related Rules
- Hawaii Workers’ Comp Adjusters License
- 5 years’ experience in State of Hawaii workers’ compensation Claims handling, preferably lost time and litigated claims
- Extensive knowledge and 5 years’ experience in indemnity claims
- Knowledge of technical claims and the current legal climate
- At least 2 years’ experience in U.S. Longshore Laws
This position develops and manages a profitable book of workers’ compensation insurance policies in conformance with HEMIC’s established underwriting policies, practices and standards. Responsible for new business, successful renewal of existing policies, account management and productive agency relationships. Works in partnership with HEMIC’s service departments, including Claims, Safety & Risk Management, and Premium Audit.
Successful Candidates will possess:
- Working knowledge of workers’ compensation insurance coverage, classification, policy forms, ratings and manuals
- Strong communication, organizational and computer skills
- A passion for accuracy, responsiveness, and delivering superior customer service
- A team-oriented mindset
Experience and qualifications:
- Two years of previous job experience as an insurance underwriter, exposure analyst, or agency customer service representative
- Knowledge of workers’ compensation insurance coverage, policy forms, rating, and manuals
- Knowledge of other casualty insurance coverages is helpful
- A college degree is preferred