Are you ready to make a difference for Hawaii’s businesses and their workers? Do you want to replace “business as usual” with creating better, innovative solutions for tomorrow? Join us at HEMIC, Hawaii’s leading workers’ compensation insurance company.
This year, we celebrate our 20th anniversary, marking two decades of proudly taking care of Hawai’i. Voted in 2016 and 2017 as one of Pacific Business News Magazine’s “Best Workplaces,” we recognize the impact that workplace injury can have on someone’s life – and so, we believe our kuleana is to bring Hawai’i workers back to work and back to life.
We seek individuals who are passionate about their work, who strive to achieve more and who bring out the best in others.
As an industry leader, we look for innovative people who are excited to improve the status quo — caring people who understand the importance of their work — industry leaders who embrace best practices and seek to raise the bar. We look for great people.
At HEMIC, we are dedicated to creating a healthy, energizing workplace for our employees and we offer competitive salary and benefits. We are a team, strongly committed to professional growth and staff development. Our low turnover rate is a testament to our thriving workplace culture.
At HEMIC, we are proud to be a local company. This means that while we draw on worldwide connections to ensure that we have the best tools and resources at our disposal, our work is here in Hawaii. We live in Hawaii, make our decisions in Hawaii, and serve the employers and employees of Hawaii.
To apply for a position at HEMIC, please email your resume, references and a cover letter explaining why you’re excited to join HEMIC to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are seeking qualified, motivated professionals willing to excel in a fast-paced, high-tech environment.
Current Job Openings
Successful candidates will:
- Evaluate and resolve problems relating to the operation of hardware and software products.
- Provide consultation and make recommendations for configuration of computer and office hardware and software solutions, and will also assist in the maintenance and operation of the network servers and local area network.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via trouble ticket system, telephone, and e-mail.
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot workstations and related hardware and software.
- Manage desktop software updates, patches, and drivers.
- Manage the inventory of computer equipment and related software.
- Provide support for voice communications.
- Have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop technologies including Windows 7, Office productivity suite, and interaction with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Have general knowledge of networking; TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, wireless.
- College degree in Computer Information Systems preferred.
- Certification(s) from CompTIA (A+, Network +), Microsoft Windows Desktop, or similar preferred.
- This role requires the individual to be customer support-oriented with strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a corporate environment where technology is not the core business function and IT support is oriented for exceptional customer service.
Responsibilities include processing payments for claims and operating expenditures, maintaining internal control structure and systems, preparing reconciliation and work papers for general ledger control accounts. May perform general financial analysis and prepare internal financial statements and reports.
Successful candidate must possess:
- proven knowledge of accounting principles, methods, theories and practices
- previous knowledge of insurance accounting both statutory and GAAP
- ability to interpret policies and procedures including identifying internal controls.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred.
Successful candidates must possess knowledge of Hawaii workers’ compensation laws and best practices for claim handling. Must have strong customer service and communication skills and the ability to multi-task and work independently. Minimum of seven (7) years experience handling complex indemnity claims required for the Senior level position and three to five (5) years experience for the Claim Specialist position.Upload Resume