Are you ready to make a difference for Hawaii’s businesses and their workers? Do you want to replace “business as usual” with creating better, innovative solutions for tomorrow? Join us at HEMIC, Hawaii’s leading workers’ compensation insurance company.
This year, we celebrate our 20th anniversary, marking two decades of proudly taking care of Hawai’i. Voted in 2016 and 2017 as one of Pacific Business News Magazine’s “Best Workplaces,” we recognize the impact that workplace injury can have on someone’s life – and so, we believe our kuleana is to bring Hawai’i workers back to work and back to life.
We seek individuals who are passionate about their work, who strive to achieve more and who bring out the best in others.
As an industry leader, we look for innovative people who are excited to improve the status quo — caring people who understand the importance of their work — industry leaders who embrace best practices and seek to raise the bar. We look for great people.
At HEMIC, we are dedicated to creating a healthy, energizing workplace for our employees and we offer competitive salary and benefits. We are a team, strongly committed to professional growth and staff development. Our low turnover rate is a testament to our thriving workplace culture.
At HEMIC, we are proud to be a local company. This means that while we draw on worldwide connections to ensure that we have the best tools and resources at our disposal, our work is here in Hawaii. We live in Hawaii, make our decisions in Hawaii, and serve the employers and employees of Hawaii.
To apply for a position at HEMIC, please email your resume, references and a cover letter explaining why you’re excited to join HEMIC to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are seeking qualified, motivated professionals willing to excel in a fast-paced, high-tech environment.
Current Job Openings
We are seeking a motivated team member willing to excel in a fast-paced, high-tech environment to manage the administrative functions for the Claim Department. This position will work directly with the Vice President of Claims and is responsible for handling multiple priorities, including scheduling meetings and appointments; preparing correspondence of a technical nature; and arranging and coordinating logistical arrangements for meetings, events and travel. Will also be responsible for performing light research on claim-related matters.
Ideal candidate will have 3-5 years clerical experience. Must have the ability to initiate, organize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously. Must have strong analytical ability and effective time management skills. Must also be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Previous workers’ compensation or general insurance experience a plus.Apply Now
The Information Technology Business Analyst’s primary role is to help HEMIC implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program and communicating them clearly to all stakeholders, facilitators and partners. The Business Analyst functions as the link between IT capabilities and business objectives.
- Develop technical solutions to business problems by defining, analyzing, managing, and documenting requirements.
- Translate internal customers’ needs to application or system feature request.
- Coordinate and handle second-level requests for application support issues.
- Principles of information and business requirements analysis normally acquired through college level courses or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of software application concepts including software development lifecycle (SLDC) and Quality Assurance (QA).
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral), including technical writing skills and writing business cases.
- The ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis.
- 5 years experience in business requirements gathering and analysis.
- 3 years experience in computer applications’ project management.
- Prior insurance industry experience desirable, but not required.
Seeking a team member to oversee all administrative functions for the Legal Division and the President’s office. Responsible for handling multiple priorities, including scheduling meetings and appointments; preparing correspondence of a technical and often extremely confidential nature; coordinating logistical arrangements for meetings, events and travel. Will also be responsible for performing light research and analysis on legal briefings and legislative matters. Successful candidates will have the ability to initiate, organize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously. Must have strong analytical ability and effective time management skills. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook required. Previous workers’ compensation or general insurance experience is a plus.Apply Now
We are seeking a team member to be responsible for processing, coding and recording cash receipts, disbursements and journal entries. Will also reconcile key general ledger account balances and process bills and check requests while assessing budget availability.
Successful candidate must possess:
- The ability to multi-task in a highly regulated environment.
- The ability to meet critical deadlines on a regular basis.
- The ability to provide customer service.
- Must possess a working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, methods, theories and practices.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work both in teams and independently.
No experience required, but prior office or insurance experience helpful. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field from four-year college or university required.Apply Now