Are you ready to make a difference for Hawai`i’s businesses and their workers? Do you want to replace “business as usual” with creating better, innovative solutions for tomorrow? Join us at HEMIC, Hawai`i’s leading workers’ compensation insurance company.
Voted one of Hawaii’s Best Workplaces in 2016 and 2017, we believe our kuleana is to bring Hawaii workers back to work and back to life. It’s a big calling and our team is passionate about delivering on this mission.
We’re looking for the inspired — those who understand the importance of our purpose and won’t settle for less than excellence. We seek caring, energized professionals committed to improving the status quo with integrity. We hire industry leaders who embrace best practices, believe in a brighter future, and seek to raise the bar for all of us.
- Insurance doesn’t have to be boring! We work hard, but have fun doing it. We kick off the year with an All Employee Rally and follow up through the year with fun holiday activities, monthly birthday celebrations and participation in local sports leagues. Participation in Casual Fridays helps us raise money for local charities and we coordinate an annual golf tournament.
- We’re passionate about your development. Whether it’s achieving a formal certification or attending a workshop to improve your communication skills, we’re committed to your growth. We partner with local vendors and attend mainland conferences to ensure your skills stay up-to-date, and we’re continually on the leading edge of best practices in our industry.
- We offer competitive salary and progressive benefits, including a best-in-class 401k match, generous time off, and a great wellness program.
- We are committed to proudly taking care of Hawai`i. We have endowed a scholarship at UH Manoa’s Shidler College of Business, and our employees demonstrate this commitment by giving back through employer charitable contribution matches and participation in dozens of community organizations.
If you’re interested in working for HEMIC, please email your resume, references and a cover letter explaining why you’re excited to join our team to email@example.com and we’ll be in touch soon.
Did You Know?
In 2018 HEMIC was instrumental in establishing Hawai`i’s chapter of Kids’ Chance, a local 501c3 organization that provides scholarships to children whose parent has been injured or killed in the line of work. By bringing together a unique coalition of groups with the workers’ compensation system, Kid’s Chance provides educational opportunities that make a difference in the lives of effected children.
Seeking a self-starter with strong communications skills and a customer-service orientation, who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The IT Infrastructure Administrator is a supervisory role that evaluates and resolves problems relating to the operation of hardware and software products, tracks status of user inquiries, and coordinates appropriate action and follow-up to ensure client satisfaction. This role provides consultation and makes recommendations for configuration of computer and office hardware and software solutions, and assists in the maintenance and operation of the network servers and local area network.
- Maintain and operate computer systems and networks
- Support Network Core, Firewalls, Switches, Routers, VPNs, Wireless Access Points and other associated equipment
- Install, support and manage servers and resolves issues as needed
- Manage the Active Directory
- Install patches and performs system backups and recovery
- Monitor system configuration, storage arrays and back-ups, and maintains data files
- Resolve network performance issues and establishes a disaster recovery plan
- Providestechnical support and guidance to users
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory measures within area of responsibility and reports potential issues to management
- Keeps abreast of new and current technology on desktop products and services
Successful candidates will have a strong attention to detail, critical thinking, self-motivation to learn new tools and products, and flexibility.
- Demonstrated interest in Infrastructure services (Servers, IT Security, Network, Admin)
- Experience installing, configuring, upgrading, supporting and troubleshooting PCs and Microsoft Windows in a network environment.
Seeking an experienced IT Systems Administrator . This position is responsible for the implementation, maintenance and operation of HEMIC’s information systems and Windows computing platforms in a fully operational state, ensuring 100% up-time during normal business hours for our main office locations and remote work configurations, with daily ongoing maintenance of all computer systems hardware and software.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong problem-solving skills with proven ability to make objective decisions and demonstrate good judgment under pressure.
- In-depth analytical and conceptual skills to handle multiple projects and programs.
- Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities, self-direction, the ability to meet deadlines with little supervision, and flexibility in adapting to changing work processes and demands.
- The ability to conduct and contribute information for Management’s cost/benefit analysis.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external support and end-user personnel, and provide continuous, consistent, and exceptional customer service.
- Install, maintain and support HEMIC’s computer systems — servers, storage, security, communications, etc — to ensure overall availability and sustainability of the company’s computing needs.
- Ensure daily operations such as data backup, overnight processing, and daily reporting are performed reliably and correctly, and quickly resolve any discrepancies.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems.
- Report on problems, developing issues, and activities related to systems use and maintenance.
- Operational, system, and domain level administration of servers, accounts, rights, and permissions.
- Scheduled reviews of server logs for problems and the resolution of those problems.
- Monitor system performance and implement performance tuning.
- Maintain upgrades and patches on all hardware computing devices and operating systems.
- Maintain QA, testing, and development environments for core applications.
- Provide training and guidance to IT and other staff. Prepare instructional material on hardware and software operations.
- Document and update all processes in area of responsibility.
- Participate in the testing of disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Perform first- and second-tier Helpdesk support with follow-up to ensure that all issues are addressed and users are satisfied with the resolution.
- On-call services outside of normal business hours.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information System, or proven knowledge and experience of information and business technology normally acquired through college-level courses.
- MCSE or MCSA required.
- Minimum 5 years experience providing technical support in a corporate user environment.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory systems.
- administrator in a 50-300 user environment.
- Multiple (3 -5) years systems- and business requirements-gathering experience.
- Working experience with VMware, Microsoft, or KVM Server Virtualization.
- Familiar with basic project management procedures and methods.