Are you ready to make a difference for Hawaii’s businesses and their workers? Do you want to replace “business as usual” with creating better, innovative solutions for tomorrow? Join us at HEMIC, Hawaii’s leading workers’ compensation insurance company.
This year, we celebrate our 20th anniversary, marking two decades of proudly taking care of Hawai’i. Voted in 2016 as one of Pacific Business News Magazine’s “Best Workplaces,” we recognize the impact that workplace injury can have on someone’s life – and so, we believe our kuleana is to bring Hawai’i workers back to work and back to life.
We seek individuals who are passionate about their work, who strive to achieve more and who bring out the best in others.
As an industry leader, we look for innovative people who are excited to improve the status quo — caring people who understand the importance of their work — industry leaders who embrace best practices and seek to raise the bar. We look for great people.
At HEMIC, we are dedicated to creating a healthy, energizing workplace for our employees and we offer competitive salary and benefits. We are a team, strongly committed to professional growth and staff development. Our low turnover rate is a testament to our thriving workplace culture.
At HEMIC, we are proud to be a local company. This means that while we draw on worldwide connections to ensure that we have the best tools and resources at our disposal, our work is here in Hawaii. We live in Hawaii, make our decisions in Hawaii, and serve the employers and employees of Hawaii.
To apply for a position at HEMIC, please email your resume, references and a cover letter explaining why you’re excited to join HEMIC to email@example.com. We are seeking qualified, motivated professionals willing to excel in a fast-paced, high-tech environment.
Current Job Openings
Compile, maintain and distribute financial information and reports, both in a production environment and on an ad hoc basis.
Perform data, statistical and trend analysis.
Assist in the collection, validation, reconciliation and analysis of loss- and premium-related data for reporting to management, actuaries, regulators and other reporting entities.
Analyze and interpret data and reports and make recommendations to operations and senior management.
Assist in compiling, formatting and interpreting information for presentation to management, regulators, and rating agency.
Assist in the development of long-range financial forecasts and related budgets.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business field or equivalent combination of work experience and education.
1-3 years of progressive experience in financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and/or financial modeling preferred.
Strong technical skills including all common Office applications and other data analysis tools.
Must have strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization.
Must be detail-oriented and a self-starter who is able to work well both independently and in a group.
Strong organizational, problem-solving, time-management and decision-making abilities are required.
Seeking an IT Systems Analyst familiar with the insurance industry and processes. The primary responsibility of this position is to help HEMIC implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by translating and correlating business needs into automated processes and application requirements for internal and external stakeholders, facilitators and customers.
Successful candidates will possess the following knowledge and skills:
- The principles of information and business technology requirements analysis, normally acquired through college-level courses.
- Software development lifecycle (SLDC), including software testing and quality assurance (QA).
- Function Point Analysis (FPA).
- Understanding of software application concepts.
- System change control.
- Working knowledge of the insurance business and processes, preferably workers’ compensation insurance.
- In-depth analytical and conceptual skills to handle various projects and programs.
- The ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of individuals (customers, coworkers, management, vendors), including writing business cases.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills.
- The ability to promote and champion process improvements.
- The ability to analyze information to elicit and simplify requirements.
- The ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis.
- Comfortable working in a matrix project management environment.
HEMIC is currently recruiting for a full-time Claim Assistant. Main duties include sorting, filing and distribution of a high volume of important documents. Will also assist in coordinating appointments, requesting status reports and other general office duties.
Qualified applicants must have strong MS Office (or comparable) skills and possess strong communication skills when dealing with both internal and external customers. Applicants must be able to prioritize and pay close attention to detail in a time-sensitive and highly regulated environment.Apply Now
Seeking an experienced applications developer for our IT Division. This position creates, modifies and integrates software applications, applets and software utilities for off-the-shelf applications, affiliated third-party solutions and corporate intranet. Will also provide consultation and requirements analysis for new software applications, assist in the analysis and revision of existing system functions and automated tasks, and programmatic support for customer-facing websites.
Ideal candidate will have working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and application technologies and programming languages, including: HTML, CSS, Java, JS, PHP, ASP and SQL. Must be customer service-driven and have strong interpersonal skills. Previous programming experience required as well as experience in developing, testing, supporting and troubleshooting server-sided and web/browser-based applications.
Summary of responsibilities include:
- Performs requirements analysis, design, development, testing, and support of insurance software applications, applets, integration, and automated tasks.
- Programs interfaces, user exits, and customizations for COTS applications.
- Builds in-house applications and services to automate and improve core functions.
- Rapid application prototyping of proposed solutions.
- Documentation of applications (includes training, process flow, troubleshooting, system configuration, user documentation, etc).
- Regression testing of in-house applications during upgrades, updates, and patches.
- Performs support for external websites with effective communication with internal second-tier technicians and designers.
- Fields incoming help requests (including occasional after-hours support) from end users via trouble ticket system, telephone, and e-mail in a courteous manner.